Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Finding My WHY

Why do I do what I do? Why did I start my weight loss journey? Why do I make a conscious choice every day to maintain and get healthier? Why did I become a Beachbody coach? 

I've been thinking a lot lately about my WHY. 

Why did I lose the weight and why do I work every day to maintain? SO many reasons. 

MY KIDS
I wanted to have the energy to play with my kids. I wanted to set a good example. I wanted them to know that exercise was important and how to eat a healthy, balanced diet. I wanted to be a happier mom. 

MY DAUGHTER
I wanted my daughter to grow up with a positive body image, and the best way I could do that was to HAVE a positive body image myself. (I want this for both my kids of course, but it always seems to be a bigger deal for girls.) I didn't grow up with a positive body image and it got worse as I got older. To this day I don't love every little thing about my body but I know what that body is capable of, I am proud of it, I understand how to dress for my shape, and I FEEL GOOD about myself. I make sure to NEVER criticize my body or appearance in front of my kids, if ever. I don't use words like "fat," and try and teach my kids that people come in all shapes and sizes but HEALTH is the most important thing. 

ME
I wanted to like myself. I wanted to be proud of myself. I wanted to prove to myself that could do it. I wanted to be healthier. I wanted to feel attractive for my husband. I wanted to walk into any clothing store and be able to try something on. For years the only thing I could even consider at Lululemon was a woollen hat. 

Why did I become a Beachbody coach?

HELPING OTHERS
I have a busy life. I have a full time job that pays well and is very fulfilling. So WHY did I add another "job" to an already full schedule? Because Beachbody coaching isn't a job for me, it's a passion. I love to inspire people, motivate them and help them succeed. I have been a cheerleader for peoples' weight loss journeys for years "pre-Beachbody" and this is just a more active version of the same support. And now I have tools that I believe in, to offer people help in their journey. 

MOTIVATION
I NEED to stay active and be accountable to myself for my own weight maintenance and health, and being a coach guarantees I can't falter. I am there supporting my clients and my coaches, and I need to stay consistent for THEM as well as for myself. 

MY FAMILY
While I make a good salary we are still facing a mortgage, car payments, kids' activities, and all the other expenses that come with a family of four. A year ago our little man was finally diagnosed with ADHD and DCD - Developmental Coordination Disorder. This probably sounds worse than it is, but he has a complex mix of somewhat mild issues that when combined are bringing him some pretty significant challenges in school and socially. He has been in occupational therapy for a year and it isn't covered by my benefits program. It is NOT cheap, but it is completely worth it. 

I want my business to grow to the point that these OT costs aren't an issue, that we can travel as a family without financial concern, we can afford the larger vehicle we need - and Beachbody has the potential to make these things possible. 



I found my why. 

Ultimately, my family is my WHY. I want to be there for them, to be better for them, and to teach my kids to lead healthy, fulfilling lives. They are my life, my heart, my reason for doing what I do. 

They are my WHY. 






No comments:

Post a Comment