Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

A Look Back at 2014 Goals



Back in January 2014 I wrote a post about my goals for this year. I was clearly in a running-love phase, as there was a LOT of running. My main three goals were:
  1. Run in 10 events (including 2 half marathons)
  2. Run 500 miles 
  3. Complete Focus T25 Beta and Gamma rounds
I have completed 6 out of 10 running events. I have run nowhere near 500 miles, and although I completed T25 Beta, I did not get to Gamma. 

Do I feel like I failed by not achieving these targets? NO. 

I have run 320 miles so far this year, and that is INSANE compared to where my running was 2.5 years ago - which was exactly ZERO. 

I also began doing Beachbody programs, which has led me on a completely new and amazing part of my fitness journey. This year I have done Focus T25, PiYo, P90 and Les Mills Pump, plus I've dabbled in a few others like Hip Hop Abs and Les Mills COMBAT, which are great for switching things up. 

I became a Team Beachbody coach, which I LOVE. I originally signed up as a way to cover the cost of the programs and the Shakeology we drink every day, with a goal to break even by the end of the year. I started a motivational fitness group on Facebook and as people began to try the programs and Shakeology it became clear very quickly that being a coach a SO much more than just a way to break even. I have a passion for helping people achieve their fitness goals and I can use my experience as a way to support and motivate them. People are seeing success and achieving their goals and it is AMAZING to be a part of it! My business is growing and while I don't have any intention of it replacing my "career" job, I have no doubt Beachbody will help pay for things like a new mini van, our family vacations, home renos and more. 

So...my running has gone a bit off the rails and I am scared as hell to be running the runDisney Star Wars Half Marathon in just THREE WEEKS with limited training, but this year has been AMAZING. I am more fit than I have ever been, and more motivated than ever before.

Bring on 2015, I am READY!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment