Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

#TransformationTuesday

There is a trend on social media these days to post fitness transformation pictures on Tuesdays, using the hashtag #TransformationTuesday. I find them incredibly inspiring, seeing someone make such a significant change to their health and life. 

The transformation is never complete. Yes, I've been approximately the same weight since I reached my goal four years ago, but it is still a challenge. It is a conscious choice every day - actually, it is a hundred conscious choices every day. Do I have that incredible cranberry scone from the cafe at work? It's soooo good... Do I have a Chai Latte, a Caramel Frappuccino Lite or a simple cup of tea? Do I get up and do my workout? 

You don't have to be perfect every day, or make the "right" choice every single time. It is a balance and as long as you're making the smarter choice more often than not, you're doing great. It does get easier to make the choices, but still some days I desperately want to make the "other" decision. As some days I do it!

Here is my #TransformationTuesday picture: 

Pic 1 - 230lbs, 6 months before getting pregnant with our second
Pic 2 - 160lbs, the day I reached goal
Pic 3 - 160lbs, the day of my second half marathon
Pic 4 - Today. 160lbs and feeling better than ever!

Do you have a transformation picture? I would love you to share it on my Facebook page!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. I've lost 65 pounds after having seven babies, and suddenly I'm having a hard time keeping to the lifestyle changes I made. Suddenly, I want to treat myself, forgetting that's how I ended up so overweight to begin with. You've inspired me to keep making good choices today.

    ReplyDelete