Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

40 by 40

A friend of mine did this a couple of years ago, setting out 40 things she wanted to accomplish before she turned 40. I loved the idea, so I started my own list. I have until November 2015 to get them all done, and so far so good, but time's a-tickin'!  
In no particular order, with notes if they've already been completed:

  1. Take a Zumba class - DONE! February 27, 2014. SO much fun, I will be going again! 
  2. Japan - Trip scheduled for July 2015
  3. Be able to cook a decent meal on a camping stove, not just spaghetti or hot dogs 
  4. Run a half marathon - DONE! 4 so far, and counting: 
    1. Tinker Bell Half Marathon, Disneyland, January 20, 2013.
    2. BMO Vancouver Half Marathon, May 5, 3013.
    3. Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon, June 23, 2013.
    4. The Biggest Loser Half Marathon, Seattle, October 13, 2013.
  5. See more theatre - DONE, although this is an ongoing one as "more" is a relative term. 
  6. Ride a tandem bike
  7. Go canoeing - DONE! This is now a regular part of our family time. 
  8. Take a cooking class
  9. Do the Grouse Grind - DONE! Friday, May 17, 2013
  10. Go ziplining (I did this years ago, pre weight loss and totally freaked out. I want to try it with less fear!) DONE! May 2, 2014 as part of a departmental retreat and team building! 
  11. Cook a turkey
  12. Go to a resort & spa - DONE! Kingfisher Oct 25-27, 2012
  13. Try paddle boarding - DONE! August 2013
  14. Volunteer for a race event
  15. Achieve a marketing director position - I may need to rethink this one, my current title is manager. I LOVE my job and am not really looking to change anytime soon! 
  16. Try karaoke (I tried this about 18 years ago. I think it's time to face my fears again.)
  17. Maui - 2014
  18. Go horseback riding (like #10 & 16, it's time to go again.)
  19. Try dragon boating
  20. Still be at the goal weight I reached on July 30, 2010 by the time I reach 40. 
  21. Try an ethnic cuisine I've never tried before
  22. Get back to skiing
  23. Try snowboarding
  24. Do more snowshoeing - DONE! Much like canoeing, this has become a fairly regular activity for our family since we got our own snowshoes!
  25. See a drive-in movie
  26. Take a ballet class
  27. Take a ballroom dancing class
  28. Try a circus class/fly on a trapeze
  29. Ride in a hot air balloon
  30. See the Grand Canyon
  31. Ride a moped/scooter
  32. See a ballet 
  33. Go rock climbing again (haven't gone for about 10 years). Indoor climbing counts.
  34. Do a hike-in camping trip
  35. Take a kickboxing class
  36. Try hot yoga
  37. Take a girls' trip somewhere fun like Vegas
  38. Donate blood
  39. Get a Coast to Coast medal for completing a Disneyland & Disneyworld half marathon in one year (2015)
  40. Join a board off directors - DONE! I am on the board of the New Year's Eve Festival Society in Vancouver.
  41. (one extra for good measure) Have a monthly (or more) date night with Mr. Awesome. DONE! This is ongoing but so far so good on keeping to it! We try and go out for dinner just the two of us at least once a month. 

Looking at this list is a bit overwhelming as there are a LOT of things left to do. I think I'll need to look at this list more often to stay on track! 





No comments:

Post a Comment