Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

One Year And Three Days Ago

One year and three days ago I signed up for a membership at my local rec centre. December 27. And one year and 12 days ago I joined Weight Watchers. A lot has happened in the last year and twelve days.

I knew when I joined Weight Watchers I would have to commit to making a lifestyle change, a comprehensive transformation of mind and body. I didn't fully know what that would look like, but it was an innate understanding that would make this time around different.

And different it was. One year and twelve days later I am a very different person.
  • I don't think twice about choosing active activities with my family. (We're going snowshoeing tomorrow!)I take the stairs whenever I can.
  • I don't worry about parking close to the mall, store, etc.
  • I can play and rough house with my kids anytime and for as long as they want.
  • I LIKE going to the gym and I miss it when it's been a few days.
  • I have a very real awareness of my own body. I can predict down to the half pound what my weight is on any given day, good or bad.
  • I eat mindfully, even if I'm "mindful" of that fact that I had three treats in one day.
  • I can now cook more than just pasta and sauce.
  • I no longer feel like a hypocrite at my job when messaging to women about healthy living and maintaining a healthy body weight.
  • I like myself more than I ever did before.
  • I am happier.
And that's just the stuff I can list right now. There are small, indescribable changes that I realize every day. I now recognize choices I would have made before, and how those choices ultimately contributed to me reaching 230lbs. Little things like helping myself to a free sandwich in the office kitchen even though I'd already eaten lunch. I wouldn't have thought twice about that just over a year ago.

2010 has been an absolutely amazing year for me and for our family. I had a good portion of the year off to spend with them and although the little man is STILL not fully potty trained and may not be before his seventeenth birthday, there were other significant milestones achieved by us all. Not to mention I began blogging!

As this year draws to a close tomorrow and another one begins, I wish you the very best for the year to come. Thank you for reading, thank you for your comments, and I'll see you in 2011!

1 comment:

  1. You are inspiration to the rest of us starting that journey (again)!

    ReplyDelete