I've actually found myself inspired by a number of posts lately, by people doing things I really should be doing. I was also inspired by this week's Biggest Loser episode, which explains my completely unexpected interest in jogging.
With all the inspiration and only so much time in a day, I figured I better write down some of these goals or I will be sitting here a year from now, writing my 545th blog post without having done any of it. Here is a list of things, some big and some small, that I would like to do before I return to work on October 18. This seems like a good deadline because once I'm back at work I will be spending all my non-work hours with my kidlets (with a couple of hours here and there at the gym). I may not get them all done, but at least I'm further ahead now than I was half an hour ago.
So here goes, in no particular order:
- Reach my goal weight. Actual number to be determined in the next couple of months. I also need to do this by the end of August because we have a big back-to-work shopping trip to San Francisco planned for September!
- Take a self defense class. I'm a wuss at heart and should really toughen up.
- Run (jog) a 5K. I have registered for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure, taking place on Sunday, October 3. Only 154 days to go!
- Raise $500 for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure.
- Potty train the little man completely, once and for all. (God help me)
- Try a kick-boxing class. (Hopefully Michelle at im.seeking.balance will help me check this one off the list soon!)
- Get back into indoor rock climbing. Mr. Awesome and I used to go a lot when we first got together, so I'm hoping we can both get back into it.
- Take a first aid class. I took one years ago, but my brain is like a sieve and I would not know what to do now. That scares me to death.
- Take a finance course. I'm a math ignoramus. I could really use some financial management training if I ever plan for any career advancement.
- Paint the house and window trim. When the new siding was put on during the renos we had pre-painted boards put on but it's now time to give them a 2nd coat. Good times.
In addition to the list above, this is a list of things I would like to do that have no particular deadline. But I am writing them down to commit to making them happen at some point.
- Try curling.
- Attend a blogging conference. (I'm hoping for Bloggy Bootcamp 2011 in San Francisco, as we simply can't afford another trip this year while I'm on mat leave...unless someone wants to sponsor me...anyone? Anyone? Bueller?)
- Go to New Zealand. I lived there for six months in 2000-2001 and have been itching to return ever since. We're hoping for a trip in the next five years, depending on how many points we can accumulate.
- Become a Weight Watchers leader. This one is more of a maybe. Just something I'm thinking about.